Open call for papers
Open call: Nordic Research in Music Education (NRME) invites submissions for Volume 4, 2023. The journal welcomes all manuscripts on topics that fall within the thematic scope of the journal.
About the journal
NRME is an international peer-reviewed open access journal established by the Nordic Network for Research in Music Education. The journal publishes original, high-quality, timely articles, from a broad range of empirical, theoretical, philosophical and methodological approaches, that advance and debate research in all areas of music education. The journal also welcomes studies that critically examine the nature and use of research in music education, as well as studies with a cross-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary approach. It welcomes both traditional and innovative formats, and publication of works that include video, audio or interactive data. See Aims and Scope.
Manuscripts may be written in Danish, English, Norwegian or Swedish. All non-English manuscripts should be accompanied by a title and abstract in English. We accept articles with a maximum of 60,000 characters (including spaces). The journal also accepts book reviews and commentaries on current themes with a maximum of 30,000 characters (including spaces). Commentaries may be responses to earlier journal articles, a short introduction to your research work, reports on important international events, etc.
- Submissions are welcome at any time and evaluated on a continual basis.
- Manuscripts must comply with the journal’s manuscript standards and submission guidelines.
- Articles must be submitted via the journal's digital platform.
- Publication of peer-reviewed articles incurs an article processing charge (APC). Please see information about APCs here.
- All articles undergo double-blind peer review.
If you have any questions about submitting a manuscript, please do not hesitate to contact Guro Gravem Johansen, Editor-in-Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.