Call for articles
Open call: Nordic Research in Music Education (NRME) invites submissions for the next issue: Volume 2, Issue 2, 2021. The journal welcomes all manuscripts on topics that fall within the thematic scope of the journal.
Deadline for submission: February 1st, 2021.
About the journal
NRME is an international peer-reviewed open access journal established by the Nordic Network for Research in Music Education. The journal publishes original, high-quality, timely articles, from a broad range of empirical, theoretical, philosophical and methodological approaches, that advance and debate research in all areas of music education. The journal also welcomes studies that critically examine the nature and use of research in music education, as well as studies with a cross-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary approach. It welcomes both traditional and innovative formats, and publication of works that include video, audio or interactive data. See Aims and Scope.
Manuscripts may be written in Danish, English, Norwegian or Swedish. All non-English manuscripts should be accompanied by a title and abstract in English. We accept articles with a maximum of 60 000 characters (including spaces). The journal also accepts book reviews and commentaries on current themes with a maximum of 30 000 characters (including spaces). Commentaries may be responses to earlier journal articles, a short introduction to your research work, reports on important international events, etc.
Tentative time frame
- February 1st, 2021: Deadline for submission
- March 2021: Reviews and editorial decisions communicated to authors
- May 2021: Authors’ revisions due
- August 2021: Final editorial decisions communicated to authors
- August –October 2021: Final editing, production and proofreading
- October 2021: Publication
- Deadline for submission: February 1st, 2021.
- Articles may be written in Danish, English, Norwegian or Swedish.
- To be accepted, manuscripts must comply with the journal’s manuscript standards and submission guidelines.
- Articles must be submitted via the journal's digital platform.
- Publication of peer-reviewed articles incurs an article processing charge (APC). Please see information about APCs here.
- All articles undergo double-blind peer review.
If you have any questions about submitting a manuscript, please do not hesitate to contact Guro Gravem Johansen, Editor-in-Chief, at email@example.com.
- Guro Gravem Johansen, Associate Professor, Department of Music Education and Music Therapy, The Norwegian Academy of Music
- Anna Houmann, Assistant Professor, Malmö Academy of Music, Sweden
- Danielle Shannon Treacy, Lecturer, Sibelius Academy of the University of the Arts Helsinki, Finland.
See more information about the Editorial Team.